Fuji Community

Share your images and your experience with your Fuji gear.
Join this independent Community and register now!

FRINGER C645 to GFX AF

biggles3

I mentioned in a different post that there is an adapter which permits the use of Contax 645 Zeiss lenses on the Fuji GFX cameras in AF mode: Fringer Contax645 - GFX.

Fringer Distagon 35 f3.5.jpg
  • OLYMPUS CORPORATION - E-M1MarkIII
  • OLYMPUS M.75mm F1.8
  • 75.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/160 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 5000

I grabbed a piccie of the combination of the wide-angle Zeiss 35mm f3.5 Distagon (stunning glass) on my GFX 50S. AF is a little slow but that is rarely an issue with the typical subjects being shot with a super-wide angle lens. When used with 80mm f2 Planar, portraits truly come to life - it's a great way to expand the versatility of the Fuji medium format digital cameras without breaking the bank on their own glass. I have loved Fuji's medium format glass for over 20 years in its 6x4.5, 6x7, 6x8 and 6x9 cameras but the wonderful new lenses for the GFX are simply beyond my pocket; this Fringer adapter allows one to expand the range of photographic opportunities available to users of the Fuji system that don't have deep pockets.

That is a cool idea to use this adapter with the Contax 645 lenses. Second hand prices of these Contax 645 lenses are probably a lot cheaper and as far as I remember, they have all excellent image quality.

I used to have a 80mmF2 with an adapter on my Contax N system, but sold it years later. The image quality was really great.

Hi Dirk,

It was a classic use of the 645 lenses - the NAM-1 adapter on a Contax N1. The image quality of that 80mm is amazing; I'm delighted that you got to experience it. When using it on the Contax 645 with the Hasselblad Ixpress 524C back - each photo can be up to 528Mb in size and yet the sharpness and general IQ of the lens still exceeds the capability of the back to produce a flawless image.

Back